Cupcake Creations

Read about my plans for offering 'in your kitchen' classes on some of my favorite things to bake and decorate!

Coming soon I'd love to offer candy making classes as well. The best PEANUT BRITTLE you've ever tasted......as well as fudge and other delectable delights.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

getting started

so, my hopes are to offer classes, cooking classes, in peoples homes.  I'd come to their kitchen where they invite friends over for a class.  Each participant would pay a fee to learn what I have to teach.  Since this is still 'in the works' for me, I'll say that.....perhaps the host would be free.
So, for instance, I make these adorable cupcakes with a soft ganache filling and each cupcake looking like a beautiful flowerhead.
I'd first teach the technique of making a traditional buttercream icing.  This is not your grandmothers confectioners sugar icing.  This luscious icing starts out as a meringue and turns into a whipped cream textured light and fluffy icing.  It holds up beautifully and tastes wonderful.
Then I'd show the class how to pipe beautiful flowerheads on to the tops of each cupcake.  The students in the class might enjoy tasting the cupcakes with coffee and tea while I demonstrate.

3 comments:

  1. Delicious idea!! Plan for a class right before a family event and freeze the product!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol. I am enjoying your new blog! Good luck to you and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the enthusiastic reply's. I think this is going to be really fun!

    ReplyDelete